The McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University has updated the MBA essay requirements for the 2016-2017 admissions season and now asks applicants to respond in a video essay in addition to written prompts.
The Georgetown MBA Program says: We want to hear your story. When responding to our required essays, be authentic and take time to reflect on your goals and past experiences. Craft a response that explains how these experiences led you to pursue an MBA.
- Essay One: We would like to learn more about you. Please answer the following essay question in 500 words or less: “What matters to you? Please share an experience from your past that illustrates why this matters to you and how it will enable you to contribute during your MBA Program.” (note: this does not necessarily need to be related to your professional goals)
- Video Essay: The required video essay is an opportunity for you to bring life to your application. Please introduce yourself to your future Georgetown MBA cohort in a one minute video.
- Optional Essay One: If you are not currently employed full-time, use this essay to provide information about your current activities. (250 words or fewer)
- Optional Essay Two: Please provide any information you would like to add to your application that you have not otherwise included. (500 words or fewer)
- Re-Applicant Essay: Required for re-applicants. How have you strengthened your candidacy since your last application? We are particularly interested in hearing about how you have grown professionally and personally. (500 words or fewer)
For additional information on applying, please visit the Georgetown MBA program admissions website.