The Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration established the first MBA program in 1908, with 15 faculty members, 33 regular students, and 47 special students.
In India, however, we arrived a little late to the party in 1953 with The Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management (IISWBM) which is a graduate business school in Kolkata, became the first institute in India to offer an MBA degree.
However, ‘the MBA boom’ arrived when the economic boom occurred in 1991 and we opened our financial floodgates. With it, MBA became the lucrative degree and people wanted to know how to qualify and qualify with minimum effort. Coaching centres mushroomed, people started turning into pundits (or let’s say Gurus) who’d give you just the right advice.
What else you can do inside qs leap ?
So today, we’ll play the pundits and the hacks, telling you just what to do!
- Start right away! Yes, you heard us right, DO NOT sit on it. DO NOT mull over it. DO IT.
- Build a routine. Studying in bits and pieces will affect your life and make you lose focus. BUILD A PLAN. STICK TO THE PLAN.
- Get your preparation material in order. NO SHORTCHANGING HERE.
A councillor and teacher recommends this for the easiest jump to the score you want to get to that 700+ score that you need to get into any B School of your choice.
Books for Quantitative::
- The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review 2017
- Total Gmat Math: Volume 1
- GMAT Advanced Quant: 250+ Practice Problems & Bonus Online Resources (Good for Advance Math)
- GMAT Algebra Strategy Guide (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) (Covers all topics of algebra)
- GMAT Geometry (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides) (For Geometry preparation)
Books for Verbal and Grammar::
- 30 Days to More Powerful Vocabulary
- GMAT Sentence Correction (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)
- The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review 2017 with Online Question Bank and Exclusive Video (Good book, Covers all the topics that are to be used to preps for GMAT)
Essay writing for GMAT:
- MBA Admissions Strategy: From Profile Building to Essay Writing (Magical Book on eassy writing)
- Graduate Admissions Essays: Write Your Way into the Graduate School of Your Choice
GRE Analytical Writing: Solutions to the Real Essay Topics (Test Prep Series) (One more effective book)
- GRE CAT Answers to Real Essay Questions by Acro
Books for Reasoning :
- GMAT Critical Reasoning (Manhattan Prep GMAT Strategy Guides)
- Non Verbal Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Verbal Reasoning (FULLY SOLVED)
Recommended Read: Top GMAT Destination Countries And What Makes Them Popular