320 GRE Score is a target of thousands of test takers that appear for GRE in the hope of getting admission to their dream institutions and target programs. It puts you in 80-90 percentile bracket (For details see GRE Score Percentiles). Obviously, in the score scale of 130-170 for both verbal reasoning and quantitative reasoning sections, you need to be at the top end of the scale to get into a really good college. Fortunately, hard work, smart practice and mock tests will take you towards that seemingly unattainable goal.
Assuming that you have prepared decently enough for the GRE, these hacks will help you land a pretty high score on the GRE.
So, here’s how to target a 320 GRE Score:
- Get access to good GRE prep material – The highest scorers of GRE have one thing in common. They have had access to quality prep material for the GRE. Invest in good books and utilize platforms like QS Leap. You should have all the material provided by ETS. You can sign up on QS LEAP and start GRE prep for free.
- Mindful GRE Preparation – Mindfulness is a very popular wellness concept across the world. Use this focused approach towards your preparation as well. When you sit to study, make sure that your are focused towards the task on hand and stay away from distractions such as smartphones. Make sure that you don’t waste time on unnecessary areas and focus too much/too little on one chapter. Success comes to active test prep candidates, not passive ones.
- Devil is in the details – If you want to shoot for the stars, you must make sure that you have every inch covered. Dig deep into the basic concepts, test structure and exam strategy and ensure that you have these areas covered. Again, it stems down to mindful GRE preparation. If GRE is your sole target, there is no way you can miss any detail.
- 4. Know your weaknesses – Everyone has weaknesses, even the President of United States (Obvious one!). Jokes apart, you must know your weakness and spend enough time to work on them. There is really no margin for error if you want to get a high score in excess of 320 GRE Score.
- Capitalise on your strengths – The best test takers always know their strengths and use it to their advantage. When you see a question from your strength area, make sure that you solve it quickly (and correctly) to ensure that you lap up some extra time for the more tough questions.
- 6. Practice tests hold the key – We have said this so many times, and will continue stressing this till you are convinced. Despite repeated blogs on the subject, it surprises us that many students delay this aspect till the fag end of their GRE preparation. Use GRE mock tests as milestones on your way to the final exam. Use them to identify weaknesses and strengths, and polish your time management skills. Practice tests are your best weapons towards a high score.
- No room for carelessness – Many students have missed out on their favourite programs only because they were a few points short of the average GRE score at their target schools. You don’t want to be in such a spot. Check and double check questions, directions, answers and calculations on the day of the exam.
- Stay motivated – Yes, there are days when you will not be upto it, and it’s perfectly fine if you want to take a break. But make sure that it’s really a break and not too much time is lost here. Remember that after the GRE, you have all the time in the world to binge-watch your favourite TV show or go partying with friends. Just make sure that you stay motivated during the course of the GRE, and reward yourself after the exam.
If you follow the tips above, nothing can stop you from attaining more than 320 GRE score and landing a seat at your favorite college. You can thank us later.