On Demand Webinar
Hosted by QSLEAP
Global Economy Strong Headwinds Ahead
On Demand 1 Hour
By: Dumas Damas
About This Webinar
Governance of the global economy is fragmenting as multilateral institutions become less representative of current realities and economic integration becomes more regionalized. The potential demise of the post-World War II economic order would herald weaker long-term prospects for global economic growth and prosperity as well as a more complicated international regulatory environment for companies. The Global Business Policy Council forecasts moderate global economic growth of 2.9 percent this year.
WTO warns of 'Strong headwinds' in global trade. Watch this 60 minute on demand video by Prof. Dumas Dama from FIA Business School to discover the following-
- The world is facing a very strong headwinds that would affect the world economy in a much worse stance than it has affected so far.
- Trade war between US vs China will take much longer than we expected. That war is not just about trade, but alleged theft of intellectual propriety and national security as some Chinese corporate are led by member of the People´s Liberation Army.
- Argentina is in the midst of a currency, corporate and public debt crisis which should affect the exports towards that country.
- Germany is experiencing a visible downward trend in its economic activity, mainly due to the world economic slowdown.
- US Bond Yields have been inverted since last year and based on empirical evidence it suggests this fact could be a very good leading indicator for US recession soon.
- China is in a soft-landing process, not just because it aims to change is economic growth model towards more consumption, but also because it has been affected by the trade war with the US.
Economic Analysis & Forecasting for Business professor @ FIA
More than 30 years of experience in the international financial market Dumas has worked with several FIs such as Citigroup, Lloyds Bank, UBS and Itaú BBA. From 2007 to 2011, he was the Chief Representative of Banco Itaú BBA in Shanghai and during 2016 he played an important role at the New Development Bank (BRICs bank) helping to implement the credit risk policy of the bank;
Dumas holds a Master’s degree in Chinese Economy from FUDAN University (China) and a Master in Economics from the University of Birmingham (UK), bachelor in Business Administration from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV) and Specialization Course in BA from Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV). Dumas is also a Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder (CFA) by the ICFA (USA) Professor of many business school such as INSPER, IBMEC – SP, FIA/USP and Saint Paul. While in Shanghai, Dumas had the privilege to be an invited professor at CEIBS (China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) and Fudan University;
Writer of the books Economia Chinesa (CHINESE ECONOMY): Transformações, Rumos e Necessidade de Rebalanceamento do Modelo Econômico da China, and Crises Econômicas Internacionais (INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC CRISES)
At QS LEAP, Institutes/Universities from across the world conduct webinars to connect with aspiring candidates like you and share information about their programs, alumni, faculty & teams involved.
Enrol now and get a FREE access to this and such future webinars!Enrol For Free!
About The Institute
FIA Business School is known for its excellence in management and future studies. Our students are considered the most experienced in the world and the most diverse, according to the QS Rankings.
FIA’s International MBA Accelerated is a 14 months graduate program specially designed for a multicultural group of students from Europe, Americas and Asia. Taught entirely in English, the program offers a unique perspective, with an immersion in the business-oriented environment in São Paulo, Brazil’s most dynamic city, in contact with other students and executives of diverse nationalities.
The program includes students from Brazil and overseas, with experienced managers, average age of 32 and 8 years management experience. Each group is formed by up to 30 selected according to their capability to exchange professional experiences, analyze new concepts, distinctive cultures with a strong commitment to learning and intellectual development.
Signup for this Webinar & also get access to
2500+ Free Practice Questions
Your own personalised and free study schedule
30 Mins Prep Classes
Everyday free 30 Mins prep-classes of GMAT/GRE/SAT
Virtual One-to-One Meetings
On-demand One-to-One meetings with Admissions Teams
Other Upcoming Webinars
TIP Talk - Entrepreneurial Mindset in Practice
By: Mr Jason Ho
07:00 AM (UTC)
Will an MBA enhance your career?
By: Doris Duoduo Xun & Wilson Wu
Enhance your employability with a MSc at Polimi!
By: Francesca Deste
Register and get access to this on-demand Webinar within minutes
Proud to guide 2,00,000 student to their dreams.
Do it like a pro