On Demand Webinar
Hosted by QS LEAP
Science and Engineering: Meet the graduates
On Demand 1 Hour
By: Dr Ashley Williams & Dr Araida Hidalgo-Bastida
About This Webinar
Science and Engineering is a competitive field that is ever-growing and evolving. It provides unique knowledge and interdisciplinary skill set, allowing you to merge multidisciplinary resources, develop innovative, enduring solutions and transform the latest scientific discoveries into new technologies.
In this webinar, you will understand how studying a master's programme in Science and Engineering advance your career by opening doors to rich and diverse employability and career opportunities.
Register and watch this On-demand webinar on "Science and Engineering: Meet the graduates" to increase your potential in this competitive marketplace.
- Learn about the range of career opportunities that a Master's degree in Science and Engineering can offer.
- Discover how the programmes embed employability opportunities- developing and enhancing the student's employability and transferable skills ready for the world of work.
- Know more about Manchester Met University and interact with their esteemed Faculty of Science and Engineering.
- Find out how their faculty works alongside and reflects the industry, providing the students with a good understanding of the industry and enabling them to build their own professional network.
- Plus, understand how the students work in a creative environment where collaboration and innovation are encouraged.
Hear from some of their Faculty of Science and Engineering international alumni. You can expect to learn about their experience of employability opportunities at Manchester Met from working on placements internships, guest lectures and career advice from our dedicated and supportive staff and their career journey.
Dr Ashley Williams
Software Engineering Lecturer @Manchester Met University
Dr Ashley Williams is the employability and placements lead for the Department of Computing and Mathematics, and GitHub campus advisor. His interests include looking at how we can bridge the gap between software engineering study and the industry. Dr Williams focuses his assignments on mimicking industry to ensure his students have the skills and confidence for graduate life.
Dr Araida Hidalgo-Bastida
Programme Leader & Senior Lecturer
Dr Araida Hidalgo-Bastida is the Programme Leader for M BioMed Sci (Hons) and Senior Lecturer in Regenerative Medicine. Dr Hidalgo’s expertise lies in stem cells and regenerative medicine for skeletal and cardiovascular applications and diabetes. She has also industrial experience in quality assurance, marketing and clinical trials, having worked in Schering-Plough and Alltech Inc.
At QS LEAP, Institutes/Universities from across the world conduct webinars to connect with aspiring candidates like you and share information about their programs, alumni, faculty & teams involved.
Enrol now and get a FREE access to this and such future webinars!Enrol For Free!
About The Institute
Manchester Metropolitan University is one of the largest universities in the UK with around 40,000 students and is home to a diverse international population from over 130 different countries.
We have a proud heritage dating back to 1824, delivering a world-class standard of accessible higher education. We balance our heritage with a modern and ambitious approach making a significant investment in areas such as the new Institute of Sport and the Dalton Building, a £115m Science and Engineering redevelopment for the Faculty of Science and Engineering.
We are located in the centre of Manchester the UK's best city to live in according to the Economist Intelligence Unit (Global Liveability Survey 2021) where you'll be surrounded by scientific discovery art sport and culture.
*Compiled from HESA data 2020/21 including students on distance learning courses and accredited courses at partner institutions.
The programmes they intend to offer:
- Animal Behaviour MSc
- Conservation Biology MSc
- Biological Recording and Ecological Monitoring MSc
- Biological Recording PgCert
- Zoo Conservation Biology MSc
- Restoration Ecology MSc
- Environmental Practice MSc
- Advanced Materials MSc
- Biomedical Science MSc
- Cellular Pathology MSc
- Clinical Biochemistry MSc
- Haematology and Transfusion Science MSc
- Medical Microbiology MSc
- Human Physiology MSc
- Sport and Exercise MSc
- Computer Games Development MSc
- Data Science MSc
- Artificial Intelligence MSc
- Computer Science MSc
- Cyber Security MSc
- Industrial Digitalisation MSc
- Engineering Project Management MSc
- Engineering Smart Systems MSc
Signup for this Webinar & also get access to
2500+ Free Practice Questions
Your own personalised and free study schedule
30 Mins Prep Classes
Everyday free 30 Mins prep-classes of GMAT/GRE/SAT
Virtual One-to-One Meetings
On-demand One-to-One meetings with Admissions Teams
Register and get access to this on-demand Webinar within minutes
Proud to guide 2,00,000 student to their dreams.
Do it like a pro