Parallelogram is yet another one of those unique geometric shapes with distinct properties. Essentially, it is a quadrilateral where the opposite sides are equal in length and parallel to each other. The opposite angles are also equal to each other.
- The opposite sides are equal (or congruent).
- The opposite angles are equal (or congruent).
- If one angle of a parallelogram is a right angle, then all other angles are a right angle.
- Consecutive angles are supplementary i.e they add up to 180o.
- The diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other.
- The diagonal of a parallelogram separates it into two congruent triangles.
To calculate the area of a parallelogram, you just have to multiply the base into the height of the figure.
So, area of a parallelogram=base x height
What else you can do inside qs leap ?
To find out the perimeter, you have to simply add the base and length of the side with 2.
So, perimeter of a parallelogram=2(base + length of the side)
The interesting thing to note is that squares, rectangles and rhombuses are all parallelograms.